Thursday, March 29, 2012

Danger! Danger, William, son of Robin!


Just a quick post here to provide an unsettling update on the OMW Longstrike kits. Bazookafied over at Tactical Tag had a critical failure of his kit at the point where the bolt sled joins with the plunger tube, and all while he was following my advice on some alternative ways to prime the blaster one-handed. A bit of a gut-churning turn of events, to be certain.

While Zook has pointed towards the 6kg spring included in the kit as a factor in the failure, there's no way of telling at this point whether my advice accelerated the problem. Taking that reality to heart, I would advise anyone using the Longstrike Massacre kit to take extra care when priming their blaster to minimize the chances of this happening to them. If my methods did contribute to this foam disaster, then applying pressure as evenly as possible to both sides of the bolt is crucial to the integrity of the sled, and if that means saying good-bye to one-handed priming then so be it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm at least comforted by the fact that I'm not the only person this has happened to. At least one other Longstrike Massacre owner has had a similar breakage with only 4-5 days worth of light use. I doubt that it was a result of the priming method learned from the Document, as I had run tests/displayed how the Single hand Prime doesn't work. If anything weakened my bolt sled, it was the attempts to single-hand prime it in the first place.

    Regardless, the breakage is unfortunate and only adds to my building frustration with Orange Mod Works. I am waiting to hear back about a replacement part.

    ReplyDelete